[cryptography] Gregory Perry's follow-up to the FBI OpenBSD / OCF backdoors thread

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 16 00:47:06 EST 2012

Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche at math.ntnu.no> writes:

>Maybe it's just me, but I find myself unable to make sense of this part:
>
>  [...] one mathematical vulnerability in the RSA encryption algorithm
>  related to changing the base numbering system of the resulting RSA
>  modulus after a block of plaintext had been encrypted

I thought it was positively sensible compared to:

  a fellow by the name of Ross Pirasteh, who was either the Prime Minister of
  Finance for the Shah of Iran or actually the Shah of Iran himself.  As the
  story goes, Ross and his family were snuck out of Iran rolled up in Persian
  rugs just prior to or during the 1979 revolution

Peter.