[cryptography] Well, that's depressing. Now what?

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Fri Jan 27 13:39:44 EST 2012

On Jan 27, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Why is this depressing? Because the snake oil was snakier or oilier?

I must admit to being fairly confused by this article --- all I managed to get out of it was:

If your security widget vendor is malicious, they may include some sort of storage in devices you purchase, record secret bits and someone might pull them out in the future....

Surely I am missing something here? Or is that really the news?