[cryptography] Intel RNG

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Jun 23 20:07:19 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-23 10:48 PM, ianG wrote:> And, now it is possible to see a
case where even if we didn't need the
 > secrecy for administrative reasons, random number generation may want to
 > keep the seed input to the DRBG secret.

If we had the raw unwhitened semi random data, an attacker could
partially predict it - but only partially.  If we get enough randomness,
no problem.

Side channel attacks on a true random generator are irrelevant unless
the attacker can predict the contents of the true random generator 100%.