[cryptography] [info] The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

ianG iang at iang.org
Mon Mar 19 20:15:40 EDT 2012

On 20/03/12 01:26 AM, Jon Callas wrote:

> But really, I wouldn't do the crypto at all. I would just go for traffic analysis. And huge supercomputers would help with that. Good traffic analysis makes crypto irrelevant.

Right, so thinking about it some more, traffic analysis is the goal.
But AES-cracking is the cover-plan.

"We're almost there, the new computer being built this year will make a
huge difference, a real breakthrough!"

Perfect.

(They have a mandate for the second, not the first...  and the second
delivers the first.)