[cryptography] crypto.cat

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Mar 31 16:33:52 EDT 2012

On 2012-03-31 11:49 PM, Mario Contestabile wrote:
> You guys have any cypherpunk opinions on https://crypto.cat/ ?
>
> It's a "secure" online communication tool, apparently used by Anonymous.
>
> It was developed by Nadim Kobeissi, (yet another Montrealer).
>
> Mario

Public source, standard algorithms, documented protocol.  Short of
actually checking their source code in the browser, looks secure in
principle.  All the things that can easily be checked, they are doing right.

Of course, as with much security software, might have UI problems that
cause ordinary mortals to use it insecurely.  I have not checked for
that, nor have I checked that they are actually using the fine protocols
that they claim to be using.