[cryptography] This Link Will Self Destruct

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Thu May 3 03:26:58 EDT 2012

Looks like that only would be useful when you can't protect the link's
resource itself with authentication requirements, and I can only see it as
being useful when assuming a passive attacker who aren't trying to access
the link before the intended recipient.
I would even consider encrypting the link before giving it to the server,
and sharing the key along with the custom link/password.
Instead of having one password and one counter, I'd prefer a number of one
time passwords that I can give separately to the different recipients. Each
person gets one password, each password works once.