[cryptography] DIAC: Directions in Authenticated Ciphers

Thierry Moreau thierry.moreau at connotech.com
Wed May 9 10:57:24 EDT 2012

In a long message, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote, in part:
> the person who has the authority to sign the message
> can *not* sign new messages
>
>  it means that the data is immutable once transmitted, even to
> someone who has all of the secrets that the original sender had.

This looks like a notarization use case of crypto, with the attempt to
implement the notarization service without the help of a trusted
[timestamp/historic evidence] third party.

Just my attempt to summarize a lengthy explanation ... no further comments.

Regards,

--
- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.