[cryptography] Peer review request - Loplop

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:10:40 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Uncle Zzzen <unclezzzen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I need peer review for loplop
> https://github.com/thedod/loplop
For the whole scheme, or just the change? If its the whole scheme, a
recent discussion relating to password managers can be found at
"Master Password,"
http://lists.randombit.net/pipermail/cryptography/2012-May/002920.html.

> The code in question is 40 lines of python:
> https://github.com/thedod/loplop/blob/master/CLI/__init__.py
> What I've changed was to allow for passwords longer than 8 characters.
Heuristically, a longer password is *not* less secure than a shorter
password. So you probably did not lessen the security of the system.
(But the system may be insecure from the start, in which case its a
moot point).

Jeff