[cryptography] ECIES (Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption System)

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 01:14:10 EST 2012

Hi All,

I'm getting ready to move some code to elliptic curves, and I'd like
to look at ECIES for an off the shelf solution. Is anyone aware of
defects in Shoup's ECIES (Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption
System)?

I know I'm going to need to change some parameters to meet security
goals. For example, I will need AES-256 and HMAC-SHA256. But I don't
believe it will introduce any negative interactions.

Jeff