[cryptography] Client certificate crypto with a twist

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 11 23:49:13 EDT 2012

On 2012-10-12 2:27 AM, =JeffH wrote:
> Federated identity management (FIM) enables a user to authenticate
> once and access privileged information across disparate domains. FIM�s
> proponents, who see the technology as providing security and ease of
> use, include governments and leaders in the IT industry. Indeed, a
> cornerstone of the current U.S. government�s efforts to secure
> cyberspace is its �National Strategy for Trusted Identities in
> Cyberspace� (U.S. Department of Commerce, 2011). Yet adoption of
> federated identity management systems has been slow.

Seems to me that google and wordpress are the chief providers of
federated identity, and it also seems to me that whenever someone posts
something seriously politically incorrect, google wants their real phone
number, from which they can obtain their true identity, which will come
in mighty handy for rounding up the troublemakers after Obama's 2016
re-election.