[cryptography] NSA Today on Missions, Authorities, Oversight, Partnershps

ianG iang at iang.org
Sat Aug 10 03:12:35 EDT 2013

On 10/08/13 01:59 AM, coderman wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
>> NSA statement today on Missions, Authorties, Oversight, Partnerships:
>>
>> http://cryptome.org/2013/08/nsa-13-0809.pdf

> again we see the fallacy of "not a search/collection until reviewed by
> an analyst."...

Yup.  Deeper than that, they are now engaged in propaganda and long term
political manipulation of the mente americanus:

While NSA had incercepted some of Midhar's conversations with persons in
an al-Qa'ida safe house in Yemen in that period, NSA did not have the US
phone number or any indication that the phone Midhar was using was
located in San Diego. NSA did not have the tools or the database to
search to identify these connections and share them with the FBI.
Several programmes to address.......

The policy goal is to go domestic.  The public is being prepared.  (The
needs for court approval will also fall by the wayside.)

Oh well.  This is a domestic USA issue, nothing interesting here for us
foreigners.  We're already signed up for their loyalty programme.