[cryptography] LeastAuthority.com announces PRISM-proof storage service

Zooko Wilcox-OHearn zooko at leastauthority.com
Tue Aug 13 14:22:48 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 8/13/13 11:02 AM, ianG wrote:
>> Super!  I think a commercial operator is an essential step forward.
>
> How so? Centralization via commercial operators doesn't seem to have helped in the email space lately.

It helps because we at LeastAuthority.com
(https://LeastAuthority.com/about_us ) can spend our days improving
the performance and reliability of our ciphertext storage servers and
contributing patches back to the free-and-open-source client
(https://Tahoe-LAFS.org ).

If we weren't running LeastAuthority.com, we would presumably have to
get different jobs which would take a lot of time away from LAFS
hacking!

It helps our customers because they can avoid doing the effort and
expense of setting up and managing servers, and instead pay us a
monthly fee to maintain those servers and the storage of their
ciphertext. Also our customer and business partners like having the
option of hiring us for support when they are integrating the
free-and-open-source LAFS software into their own products.

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn

Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Rep
https://LeastAuthority.com