[cryptography] open letter to Phil Zimmermann and Jon Callas of Silent Circle, re: Silent Mail shutdown

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Sat Aug 17 15:01:43 EDT 2013

Il 8/17/13 7:08 PM, Jon Callas ha scritto:
> On Aug 17, 2013, at 2:41 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:
>
> > So back to Silent Circle.  One known way to achieve some control
over their closed source replacement vulnerability is to let an auditor
into their inner circle, so to speak.

> One correction of fact:
>
> Our source is not closed source. It's up on GitHub and has an
non-commercial BSD variant license, which I know isn't OSI, but anyone
who wants to build, use, and even distribute their verified version is
free to do so.

It would be important to have a semi-automatic allignment of the
Github's source code code base to each SilentCircle application's release.
Now Github code is 6 months old.

This would allow inspection of code before upgrade, additionally
improving the transparency.

--
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights