[cryptography] rfc 4345 (arcfour) weakness

aortega at alu.itba.edu.ar aortega at alu.itba.edu.ar
Sun Aug 18 18:20:04 EDT 2013

Hi list,

Anyone know some paper or article citing vulnerabilities on the rfc 4345
version of RC4?

I know of the article "A New Weakness in the RC4 Keystream Generator and
an Approach to Improve the Security of the Cipher" by Paul and Preneel,
that discovered a bias after the first 1536 first bytes of the stream,
but if someone can provide a reference to other "weak distinguishers",
or an attack on the RC4A algorithm proposed on that paper, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Alfred