[cryptography] urandom vs random

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:31:55 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:27:37AM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Here is the last I saw of them (besides the website being up):
> http://lists.simtec.co.uk/pipermail/entropykey-users/2013-July/thread.html.
>
> They claim to still be around (from the last in the thread):
>
>     We've gone through a major crisis, but are still here... just.  To say
>     any more in public at this stage might be unwise from a legal
>     standpoint.
>
>     We currently have no manufacturing capability for ekeys but are
>     working towards getting things up and running again.  There's no
>     timescale on that yet, I'm afraid.

That's good. I just noticed that they removed all references to the entropy
key from their http://simtec.co.uk website, and http://entropykey.co.uk is
down, and I have had frequent emails asking if I would be willing to sell
my keys, as others putting in their own orders are not getting resolved.

Hopefully they rise like a phoenix, and their product is for sale again. I
would like to purchase more.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o