[cryptography] blinding is in libgcrypt but NOT in gnupg?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Aug 23 04:53:40 EDT 2013

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 05:56, jake at spaz.org said:

> I found it in libgcrypt.  I don't understand why it's not in gnupg.

Becuase in GnuPG 2.x all crypto operations are done by Libgcrypt.

> It looks to my untrained eye that gnupg and libgcrypt had a common
> ancestor, but i'm not sure when that was.  Anyway, here is what I

The NEWS file has this information.

  Noteworthy changes in version 1.1.3 (2001-05-31)

    * First release of Libgcrypt which is a result of splitting GnuPG
      into into libgcrypt and GnuPG.

Given that this is about a concrete implementation, you may want to
continue the discussion at gnupg-devel@

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner