[cryptography] NSA cracking UN videoconference - worried?

Kyle Maxwell kylem at xwell.org
Tue Aug 27 10:37:40 EDT 2013

The original story in Spiegel[0] said so explicitly:

"The embassies are linked via a so-called virtual private network
(VPN). "If we lose access to one site, we can immediately regain it by
riding the VPN to the other side and punching a whole (sic!) out," the
NSA technicians said during an internal presentation. "We have done
this several times when we got locked out of Magothy.""

[0]: http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/secret-nsa-documents-show-how-the-us-spies-on-europe-and-the-un-a-918625.html

--
@kylemaxwell