[cryptography] State of the art in block ciphers?

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Fri Dec 6 17:03:29 EST 2013

On 06/12/13 20:22, coderman wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Rob Stradling <rob.stradling at comodo.com> wrote:
>> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=google.com&s=173.194.115.46
>> currently shows...
>>
>> TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256 (0xcc14)
>

> thanks all for additional pointers; progess!
>
> i am specifically curious about the mentioned "Google servers and
> Chrome will soon be supporting cipher suites based around ChaCha20 and
> Poly1305." and "In addition to support in Chrome and on Google's
> servers, myself and my colleague, Elie Bursztein, are working on
> patches for NSS and OpenSSL to support this cipher suite." from Adam's
> blog post.[0]

Various useful-looking patches here...
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/deps/nss
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/deps/openssl

> latest Chrome Beta's still don't have it,

https://community.qualys.com/thread/12169 says:
"Chrome 32 promotes Chacha20/Poly1305 suite".

However, https://twitter.com/agl__/statuses/398498980151033856 says:
"Chrome 32 won't enable them when stable however: not yet ready".

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist