[cryptography] new IETF WG on Using TLS in Applications (uta) (was: Re: [Cryptography] Email is unsecurable)

Stephen Farrell stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie
Wed Dec 11 13:49:44 EST 2013

FYI, I said I'd send a mail back here when that new
working group was formed. That's happened now. [1]

Probably be a few days at least while folks sign up
to the list before stuff starts happening. If you're
interested in helping, sign up, write drafts, do all
the usual stuff. (If you don't know what that is,
or how to get involved, feel free to mail me and I
can try help.)

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/uta/charter/

On 11/25/2013 09:51 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> On 11/25/2013 08:09 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
>> Let's first cut-off the massive passive traffic analysis, then improve
>> current systems to provide some added protection against metadata,
>> focusing in a far future, when the new system got already wide adoption,
>> make it perfect.
>
> New work on improving hop-by-hop security for email and other
> things is getting underway in the IETF. [1] Basically the idea
> is to document stuff that can be turned on already in current
> deployments (to the extent possible) that gets you PFS and
> modern TLS ciphersuites. Pre-working-group charter discuss>

I haven't had a chance to review the current draft in detail, but I
think the
language in the draft about this is fine.
ion for