[cryptography] Can we move to a forum, please?
greg at kinostudios.com
Tue Dec 24 16:44:24 EST 2013
I've used both phpBB and simplemachines, and far prefer the latter for its simpler configuration, administration, and what seem like superior spam-fighting capabilities.
The advantages are almost too numerous to list, and if people like getting the message via email then the software can be configured to include it in the notification emails that are sent out.
Forums are simply superior to mailing lists in almost all respects (perhaps all).
- Easier and faster to administer and moderate
- We don't have to wait for emails to be approved and show up
- You can actually *edit* your posts to correct typos and mistakes (amazing!)
- Conversations are organized better
- Nobody complaining about "top posting", trimming "cruft" and other such nonsense
- An easy to search and read public log of all conversations
- I hear they have whistles too
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with the NSA.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 495 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the cryptography