[cryptography] Can we move to a forum, please?

Greg greg at kinostudios.com
Tue Dec 24 19:40:48 EST 2013

On Dec 24, 2013, at 7:06 PM, Raymond Burkholder <ray at oneunified.net> wrote:
> If this moved to a forum, I'd probably not read it.  I receive messages from
> many different services, and if I had to remember to go online to read
> messages, it wouldn't happen.

So, this might come as a shock to you, but as the first email mentioned, forum software can be easily configured to reproduce the behavior of a mailing list.

You can subscribe to individual threads, and you can even subscribe to individual forums.

That means that whenever someone posts a new thread, or a reply to a thread, you'll get an email about it. If the admins configured the forum to include the message, you'll get the entire message in that email as well.

> On the other hand, if the forum emailed messages with a 'reply link' as
> messages are posted, that would be an acceptable alternative.

All forums do this by default.

It's possible (via a plugin usually), to even have it setup where you can reply to the email notification and have your reply appear as a post in the forums.

You'd have all the behavior of this list, plus all the features this list doesn't have (like editing, or being notified only about the topics that interest you).

Cheers,
Greg