[cryptography] Can we move to a forum, please?

Benjamin Kreuter brk7bx at virginia.edu
Tue Dec 24 20:02:17 EST 2013

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 18:40:29 -0500
Greg <greg at kinostudios.com> wrote:

> K, ya'll got some recommendations?

Stick with the mailing list.  If we are going to move anywhere, it
should be toward something like a moderated Usenet newsgroup (if not
actually moving to Usenet).

> Also, do you enjoy not being able to edit your comments?

No, but it is worth it to be able to use the client of my choosing, to
be able to read messages offline, to be able to sign messages and check
signatures on messages, etc.  The list is archived by multiple
different services, and can be accessed via gmane if one wishes.  On a
web forum, in exchange for the ability to edit my posts and a few other
minor conveniences, I would lost all of that and more.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin R Kreuter
KK4FJZ

--

"If large numbers of people are interested in freedom of speech, there
will be freedom of speech, even if the law forbids it; if public