[cryptography] Can we move to a forum, please?

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Tue Dec 24 21:43:09 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 09:39:22PM -0500, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> *even*?  So it isnt' "just like" a mailing list at all.  Since I replied
> to this post by hitting 'r' in my email client... and out it went.
>
> I know PHPbb has gotten a lot fancier, but I still think that it is not
> near as convenient as a mailing list.
>
> [but I would vote strongly for having the list archived online!  That
> makes searches of old threads and most every other 'benefit' of a forum
> available while not messing up the ongoing discussion mechanism at all]

There's multiple archives of this mailing list, and starting you own is
trivial:

http://lists.randombit.net/pipermail/cryptography/
https://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@randombit.net

IMO ease of archiving and ease of passing around archives is one of the
biggest strengths of mailing lists.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000026c4c027b8c680e2ff000b6b70bb10f70771b9a05868c613e