[cryptography] Can we move to a forum, please?

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Tue Dec 24 21:36:46 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 07:43:12PM -0500, Greg wrote:
> I'm curious, is Aaron's response representative of the entire list's, or are there folks out there lurking who would actually appreciate a forum?
>
> Show of hands?

I mostly lurk and I strongly prefer a mailing list solution.

I'm in the Bitcoin community and we keep on talking about fully
decentralized backends to mailing lists/usenet replacements, but until
something like that is implemented, best to stick with the tried and
true mailing list. When something like that is implemented, it's gonna
look rather like a mailing list...

Mailing lists are great infrastructure: a pragmatic centralized core to push
messages around/moderate, and a whole host of decentralized
infrastructure around them like multiple archiving services and a wide
variety of client software to interface with.

I also note that it's a pain in the butt to PGP sign message board
posts, this is Cryptography after all...

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000026c4c027b8c680e2ff000b6b70bb10f70771b9a05868c613e