[cryptography] openssl on git

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue Jan 1 13:50:20 EST 2013

* Ben Laurie:

> We're experimenting with moving openssl to git. Again.

Nice.

> We've tried an import using cvs2git - does anyone have any views on
> better tools?

Recently, I imported the OpenSSL repository with git cvsimport.  It
produced slightly corrupted results.

CVS repositories as old as yours typically require manual tweaking of
cvs2git because they contain traces of various CVS bugs.  It might
make sense to ask on the Git mailing list for help from someone who
remembers previous conversions.  This is not just about using the
right tools, but requires rather arcane CVS knowledge.