[cryptography] another cert failure

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 07:31:39 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 3:15 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:

> Yeah.  Little known fact is that Mozilla maintains confidential discussions
> with the CAs.  The "open group" is basically theater, it has been totally
> owned by the CAs for many years.  Mozilla routinely reports no meetings,
> minutes, positions, representations, agreements, NDAs, etc.  Open
> contributors have been punching blind in a roman circus since the end of the
> first policy, which is why the open policy group has not really achieved as
> much as the advertisement claims.
This begs a question for me.....

Safety nets are usually dismantled in pursuit of an agenda, and money
makes it happen by satisfying greed. Confer: Enron and Arthur
Andersen; and Wall Street and Ratings Firms, etc. I understand the
agenda. What I don't understand is Mozilla's position.

Mozilla is a Google whore and they are making money hand over fist.
Confer: http://www.google.com/#q=mozilla+google+irs. In addition,
Mozilla does not make money form the CAs.

What is in it for Mozilla?

Jeff