[cryptography] openssl on git

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:06:37 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> wrote:
> We're experimenting with moving openssl to git. Again.
>
> We've tried an import using cvs2git - does anyone have any views on
> better tools?
>
> You can see the results here (not all branches pushed to github yet,
> let me know if there's a particular branch you'd like me to add):
> https://github.com/benlaurie/openssl.
>
> Any comments?
Would you consider adding a hook to git (assuming it include the ability).

Have the hook replace tabs with white space. This is necessary because
different editors render tabs in different widths. So white space
makes thing consistent for everyone.

Then have the hook format the source code against some standard. I
don't care which, as long as its consistent.

Jeff