[cryptography] openssl on git

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 00:08:50 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would you consider adding a hook to git (assuming it include the ability).
>>
>> Have the hook replace tabs with white space. This is necessary because
>> different editors render tabs in different widths. So white space
>> makes thing consistent for everyone.
>
> Hooks shouldn't modify the commit, just accept or reject.
Thanks Nico.

Out of curiosity: what does one typically do when there's a standard
policy to enforce? I [personally] would not reject a check-in for
whitespace (I would reject for many other reasons, though - such as
CompSci 101 omissions).

Perhaps allow the check-in to proceed unmolested, and then have a
second process run after the commit to perform policy enforcement (for
example, whitespace or coding style). In this scenario, would the
second process perform a second commit?

Jeff