[cryptography] phishing/password end-game (Re: Why anon-DH ...)

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Fri Jan 18 17:50:06 EST 2013

On Jan 18, 2013, at 5:14 PM, dan at geer.org wrote:

> As to secure storage, ya'll might find cleversafe.com interesting.

Yup.

There is also Tahoe-LAFS ( https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs ), the Least-Authority File System
"Tahoe-LAFS is a Free and Open cloud storage system. It distributes your data across multiple servers. Even if some of the servers fail or are taken over by an attacker, the entire filesystem continues to function correctly, including preservation of your privacy and security."

This has some really great properties (unfortunately user friendliness isn't one of them yet!) including privacy and a very flexible sharing structure, which I'd only butcher by trying to describe (so I won't!).

If you have some time (and don't mind having your mind warped) I'd strongly suggest spending some time with it…

> --dan

Outside of a dog, a book is your best friend, and inside of a dog, it's too dark to read