[cryptography] Bonding or Insuring of CAs?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Fri Jan 25 19:31:35 EST 2013

On Jan 25, 2013, at 4:11 PM, Natanael <natanael.l at gmail.com> wrote:

> If somebody wants there to be a pure cryptography mailing list and separate more generic one (like this one currently is), I think that person would have to try starting a more strict crypto mailing list, because I don't think most people here would want the rules here to get stricter or that they would want to switch to a different list that would be just like this one is now.

The off-list responses to my message would disagree with you.

> We also don't want too many different lists.

Some of "we" do. My question was to tease this out a bit.

I'm happy to shut up about it if I'm in the minority, but the question that started this thread was a perfect example of something that is about security (actually, security operations), not cryptography, and yet gets brought up on this list more and more.

--Paul Hoffman