[cryptography] Burning of driftwood considered harmful

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sat Jan 26 03:53:44 EST 2013

… because it produces polychlorinated dibenzodioxins (aka dioxins).

[Peter Gutmann <pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz> (2013-01-26 04:32:48 UTC)]

> John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> writes:
>
> >I'd like a list where people ensured that the subject lines of their messages
> >described what the message was about, so I can easily skip the ones that
> >aren't of interest.  Then I don't much care whether the discussion wanders
> >afield of what I want to read.
>
> Isn't topic drift one of the charming features of this list?

It is. Absolutely so. But it never harms if people allow the subject line to drift in harmony with the topic drift.

Personally, I think the list is mostly fine as it is, though we could do with less top posting.

- Harald