[cryptography] Recommendations for glossary of cryptographic terms

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 17:50:36 EDT 2013

I am trying to wrap of the writing of the cryptography section
of the new OWASP Dev Guide 2013 and rather than writing all
my definitions, my thought was to just refer to some good
glossary of cryptographic terms rather than doing all that work
over again (and probably not as well).

Does anyone have any recommendations for one that would
be understandable by most in the development community
who have little or now understanding of cryptography?

At a minimum, the glossary needs to be searchable. Ideally,
it would allow the ability to link to a specific term.  There are
quite few that I've looked at (and obviously even more that
I haven't), but thought someone might be able to recommend
something that would be suitable for the development community.

Note that I am hoping that there will be some consensus that
will develop rather than getting 20 different recommendations from
15 different people, but if you have one that you've created,
don't let you dissuade you from recommending it.

Thanks,
-kevin
P.S.- If there are any takers in reviewing this once I've completed the
     initial draft, please let me know off-list. It's looking like it will be
     somewhere between 12-15 pages when I'm finished. You will be
     given appropriate credit.  Thanks!
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein