[cryptography] DeCryptocat

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Fri Jul 5 02:02:42 EDT 2013

Il 7/5/13 5:29 AM, Nadim Kobeissi ha scritto:
> Rest assured we're working on it as an extra precaution (as mentioned in the blog post). Also, our services use SSL forward secrecy.
>
> NK

What's about embeding Tor binary (build as library) within the CryptoCat
plugin and abbandon internet/SSL issues by going trough Tor Hidden Services?

It does not seems "quick & easy" to be implement from software
engineering point of view, but definitely doable:

Binary in Chrome Plugin trough NPAPI:
http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/npapi.html
Binary in Mozilla Plugin:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_2/XPCOM_and_Binary_Embedding

--
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights