[cryptography] [liberationtech] Bitmessage needs an auditor

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Jul 12 10:18:34 EDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Chris Lentner <chris at lentner.me> -----

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:22:10 -0400
From: Chris Lentner <chris at lentner.me>
To: liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu
Subject: [liberationtech] Bitmessage needs an auditor

I'm currently contributing to Bitmessage < https://bitmessage.org >.
It's a p2p messaging network (think email, not IM) with built-in ECC, and
it aims to hide sender & receiver.
The network layer is fairly solid; right now we're mostly doing UI work.
What we could really use is someone to spot the (inevitable) bugs in the
crypto layer, but other input is very welcome as well.

The code works out of the box (git clone && cd src && python
bitmessagemain.py) on most linux distros.

Thanks!

--
Too many emails? Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu or changing your settings at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech

----- End forwarded message -----