[cryptography] skype backdoor confirmation

ianG iang at iang.org
Mon Jul 15 02:34:46 EDT 2013

Indeed, it seems that Skype lost their privacy mojo somewhere between
eBay and Microsoft.  It's slightly unfair to blame Microsoft for the
dirty deed itself, but one must ask:  are we saying that M$ would have
done any different, and did the then-owners know they had to prepare
anyway....?

For those who follow twitter, Skype, et al, have become synonymous for
privacy humour:  https://twitter.com/skypeglobalpr

         Skype Global PR ‏@SkypeGlobalPR 11 Jul

         To our users who used Skype for cybersex with loved ones:
         thank you. You have spiced up otherwise boring workdays
         for many NSA analysts.

For those who are uncomfortable with the FBI now having the direct line
to our more private moments, what Skype-replacements do people recommend?

iang