[cryptography] skype backdoor confirmation

Jonas Wielicki development at sotecware.net
Mon Jul 15 05:02:04 EDT 2013

On 15.07.2013 08:34, ianG wrote:
> For those who are uncomfortable with the FBI now having the direct line
> to our more private moments, what Skype-replacements do people recommend?

There is jitsi[1], a Java-based messenger using XMPP, also supporting
voice and video calls. Tested it a few weeks ago with moderate success.
Supports OTR out of the box. They seem to do lots of hard work to get
security features in. I cannot judge about the quality of these though.

   [1]: https://jitsi.org/Main/Features