[cryptography] [liberationtech] Heml.is - "The Beautiful & Secure Messenger"

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:35:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:

> in short:
>
> rather than considering just one or another type of attack, these
> agencies should be assumed to be using all of them with the exploit
> method tailored to the particular access needs and target difficulty
> of every tasking.
>From "In his own words: Confessions of a cyber warrior"
(http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/in-his-own-words-confessions-of-cyber-warrior-222266),
page 3:

<QUOTES>
Grimes [Interviewer]: How many exploits does your unit have access to?

Cyber warrior: Literally tens of thousands -- it's more than that. We
have tens of thousands of ready-to-use bugs in single applications,
single operating systems.

Grimes [Interviewer]: Is most of it zero-days?

Cyber warrior: It's all zero-days. Literally, if you can name the
software or the controller, we have ways to exploit it. There is no
software that isn't easily crackable. In the last few years, every
publicly known and patched bug makes almost no impact on us. They
aren't scratching the surface.
</QUOTE>