[cryptography] [liberationtech] Random number generator failure in Rasperri Pis?

Steve Weis steveweis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 18:48:46 EDT 2013

Hypervisors like KVM can expose random number generator devices to guests:
http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsRng

Funny, because I just noticed KVM's default is /dev/random. If that's
the case, I think a guest could exhaust the entropy pool, cause
/dev/random to block, and stall any other VMs using it. I'll need to
try that out.

Regarding VM adoption, I've seen analyst estimates that say 50% of
workloads are currently virtualized. I can't provide a link because
they're in a paywalled report.