[cryptography] Interesting Webcrypto question

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Mar 3 17:21:04 EST 2013

Arshad Noor <arshad.noor at strongauth.com> writes:

>Open-source crypto that is downloadable from public-sites has a special
>designation in the EAR; you only need to notify the BIS and provide the
>download URL.

Controls for export to the T<whatever-it-is-this-week> countries override the
5D002 exception.  In other words there's an exception to the exception (or in
computer security terms the deny MAC overrides the allow MAC).  This is why I
specifically mentioned countries like North Korea and Iran.

Peter.