[cryptography] side channel analysis on phones

ianG iang at iang.org
Fri Mar 8 02:57:00 EST 2013

Has anyone done any side channel analysis on phones?

I'm working on an android crypto app at the moment, and an unanswered
question from the threat model is how to limit the possibilities of
attacking the keys from another app.  I can see obvious techniques of
adding additional camouflage crunching and delays, but as there might be
smart apps sitting right there in another sandbox, it seems intuitively
that just adding noise isn't going to cut it.