[cryptography] Keyspace: client-side encryption for key/value stores

Tony Arcieri tony.arcieri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 03:33:29 EDT 2013

Keyspace is a bit different from an OS "keychain" in that it's a networked
system, designed to be centrally managed by the holders of a writecap,
accessed by holders of the readcap, and with the verifycap on the server to
determine the authenticity of values published by administrators with
writecaps.

My initial (and continued) goal is to use it to centrally manage secure
configuration data, but again, I think it's generally applicable as
client-side security for distributed key/value databases. That definitely
transcends whatever secure key storage an OS provides for a single node.

--
Tony Arcieri