[cryptography] msft skype IM snooping stats & PGP/X509 in IM?? (Re: why did OTR succeed in IM?)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Mar 24 09:55:56 EDT 2013

On 2013-03-24 14:03:43 +0300 (+0300), ianG wrote:
[...]
> I fully expected that when Microsoft purchased Skype in 2011, it
> was only a matter of time before it was backdoored.
[...]

I'll point this out merely because people seem to keep forgetting...
remember Kazaa? Remember how it had no qualms with installing
spyware on the desktops of unsuspecting users? Now... who wrote
Skype?
--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi at cthulhu.yuggoth.org );
WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ ); IRC( fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );