[cryptography] Apple Keychain (was Keyspace: client-side encryption for key/value stores)

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 25 09:02:57 EDT 2013

Paul Walker <paul at blacksun.org.uk> writes:

>I'm curious which bits you feel Apple got right with the Keychain - not
>because I disbelieve you, but because I don't know.  :-) Have you got any
>links or documents, either for what they did right or for what the others do
>wrong?

Link sent off-list.  Another nice thing Apple have done, which no-one else has
managed so far, is to get people to actively use the Keychain API and
capabilities.  When was the last time you saw an app (not produced by
Microsoft or part of the Gnome desktop) that used DPAPI or the Gnome Keyring?

Peter.