[cryptography] Which encryption chips are compromised?

ianG iang at iang.org
Sun Nov 10 11:25:06 EST 2013

On 10/11/13 16:31 PM, John Young wrote:
> The Guardian version (greater redaction):
>
> http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/784159/sigintenabling-clean-1.pdf
>
> NYTimes-ProPublica version (lesser redaction):
>
> http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/784280/sigint-enabling-project.pdf
>
> [0] A related question is where were these slides posted on the Guardian
> and NYT sites?  Which did which redaction?
>
>> [1]
>> https://twitter.com/ashk4n/status/375758189444493312/photo/1
>> http://financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/001455.html

Nice!  Lots more information, and evidence.  Blog post updated...

This appears to be the NYT commentary:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/09/05/us/documents-reveal-nsa-campaign-against-encryption.html?_r=0#briefing

What I was surprised about with these detailed revelations was that
there was almost no fuss.  This stuff is the smoking gun for our
industry.  I must have been totally asleep to miss them...