[cryptography] [Cryptography] Email is unsecurable

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Mon Nov 25 15:09:17 EST 2013

I'm strongly against most the ideas to abbandon current email systems,
because the results will be to create wallet garden.

We need something interoperable with existing systems or the system will
just be used by a bunch of paranoid people or fostered by the marketing
of few cryptography company acquiring customers, not user.

So we need IETF standards, interoperable with existing email standard
protocols (SMTP, IMAP, MIME).

I'm just very disappointed that many of us look at the moon, trying to
invent something new, when there are so many improvements to be done on
existing interoperable platforms.

Let's first cut-off the massive passive traffic analysis, then improve
current systems to provide some added protection against metadata,
focusing in a far future, when the new system got already wide adoption,
make it perfect.

Fabio