[cryptography] [Cryptography] Email is unsecurable

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:03:34 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Stephen Farrell
<stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
> Personally, I'm not at all confident that we can do something
> that provides end-to-end security, can be deployed at full
> Internet scale and is compatible with today's email protocols.
> But if others are more optimistic then I'm all for 'em trying
> to figure it out and would be delighted to be proven wrong.

this would make an interesting bet!  i too believe this to be
impossible given the constraints.

a more suspicious individual might even consider these efforts to be a
ruse by intelligence agencies to further the use of insecure (email)
systems with "fig leaf" protections added on top while metadata and
usability failures continue unabated...