[cryptography] the spell is broken

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 20:44:52 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM, James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
> On 2013-10-04 11:41, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>
>> We could not get rid of Trustwave in the public sector (so much for
>> economics).
>
> What is wrong with trustwave?
The company operates in an industry where trust is a commodity. The
company violated the trust,which essentially means they have no
product. Rewarding bad behavior was the last thing that should have
happened.

>> There's no way we can get rid of the US agency responsible
>> for crypto standards
>
> If no one pays attention to their standards, we have gotten rid of them.
Well, that's going to be a tough sell for US Federal US DoD, and a
number of private sector organizations, such as some in US Financial.

Jeff