[cryptography] funding Tor development

Kelly John Rose iam at kjro.se
Mon Oct 21 15:18:16 EDT 2013

I think it simply reduces to a desire to not be beholden to political
interests.

Regardless, I think if they can get the money from the Feds as well as
other sources, they will have more money and more resources to build a
good program and thus be a better product.

The real problem only arises when the fed funding determines the
direction of the project as a whole. If they remain transparent as to
decision making, then that problem goes away.