[cryptography] motivation, research ethics & organizational criminality (Re: Forward Secrecy Extensions for OpenPGP: Is this still a good proposal?)

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Sat Sep 14 21:27:52 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-14, at 6:49 PM, David D <david at 7tele.com> wrote:

> I commend your vivid imagination and magical abilities to reduce an entire
> email down to one point and run with it.

Thank you. I took one tiny piece of your message as a launching pad to make my own point. I wasn’t aware that this was such a rare talent.

I suppose that I could have put together a carefully reasoned and documented argument for what I was trying to say. But that would have been work and a lot less fun. So I just posted a gentle reminder that we should be mindful of the possibility of self-inflicted damage.

Cheers,

-j