[cryptography] Asynchronous forward secrecy encryption

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Mon Sep 16 18:22:23 EDT 2013

Il 9/17/13 12:10 AM, Tony Arcieri ha scritto:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 4:45 AM, Marco Pozzato <mpodroid at gmail.com
> <mailto:mpodroid at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm looking for an asynchronous messaging protocol with support
>     for forward secrecy
>

> There's also Nitro, which is a CurveCP derivative:
>
> http://gonitro.io/
>
> Unfortunately they didn't implement the full CurveCP handshake, which
> provides both passive and active forward secrecy. It's unfortunate :(

It's plenty of "custom solution and custom technologies" to achieve
those goals.

I am wondering why we don't just extend OpenPGP standard, by using
OpenPGP/Mime envelope, to include procedures to achieve Forward Secrecy?

Internet Standard are the bibble and saint text specification to look for.

Shouldn't we first try to improve Internet Standard, and only after look
for custom (and usually not interoperable) implementation?

--
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights